Director of Engineering
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering with a results-oriented mindset and driven to exceed expectations to lead our engineering teams. The Director of Engineering will lead teams across all areas of technology and will play a pivotal role in ensuring the timely completion of projects.
- Plan and monitor work schedules
- Instill processes and practices which enable the engineering teams to work effectively and efficiently deliver solutions on-time and according to plan
- Provide expert guidance, support, and mentorship
- Interface with counterparts across the organization in a positive, collaborative nature
- Key stakeholder in the alignment of engineering activities to company goals and objectives
- Regularly report successes, challenges, and changes to senior management
- Implementing and refining engineering methodology best practices
The ideal candidate should have exceptional leadership, communication, and collaborative skills. The Director of Engineering should also be an organization change agent who is constantly looking for improvements and progress within and outside of the engineering teams and processes. They should also possess a pragmatic approach to decision making and problem resolution.
- Deep understanding of Sprint based Agile development processes
- Administration level abilities for JIRA, GitLab, MS Teams
- Working knowledge of C++, MS SQL and APIs
- Ability to understand high level organization goals and translate those into detail-based action items and deliverables
- Ability to translate Functional Requirements into Technical Deliverables and vice-versa
- Previous experience with AI, Call Centers, TTS, or Speech Recognition a plus
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to put the job title Director of Engineering in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.