Desktop Support Technician Intern
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
- Resolve tickets in a timely and professional manner, and escalate issues if they cannot be resolved
- Perform maintenance of desktop systems and infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and basic network related issues
- Guide remote users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Deploy new Windows 10 desktops and laptops and install software as directed
- Install applications and computer peripherals to meet user needs
- Install and program VoIP phones
- Write technical documentation, manuals, and policies as needed
- Identify potential changes and system improvements to present to senior team leaders for consideration and implementation
- Multi-task and prioritize problems based on business need
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Excellent customer service skills in person and through telephone or electronic interaction
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10, Office 365, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Print Services, File Services, and GPO Management
- Proficient knowledge in common desktop applications such as Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and Adobe products
- Understanding of various Desktop Management Systems such as anti-virus software, patch management, and software delivery
- Ability to communicate the status of various systems to management and/or support personnel
- Knowledge of JIRA ticketing system is a plus
- Knowledge of SCCM and MDT is a big plus
We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support to enable the right candidate to be successful.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title Desktop Support Technician Intern in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.